Thursday, November 7, 2013

Little Owl

I've recently gotten excited about Amigurumi. My daughter has this owl light that she is always wanting to sleep with (she doesn't get to). It's in the shape of an owl and you press the top of its head and the whole thing glows. Anyway, I thought it might be better if she had a stuffed one instead of a hard one that is super bright LED. I found this little guy at Cre8tion Crochet and once again let C pick the colors.


I think it is super cute. I like the size though it could be a little bigger, its about 5 inches tall and 4 wide. I also liked how easy it was to stitch together. You make up a front and a back and whip stitch them together, but before you stitch them together you put the eyes and nose on. It is so much easier to stitch pieces on when what you're stitching to is flat. I have a lot of trouble when all the pieces are already stuffed. I also made this little (and I mean little) hippo. The legs were all of a half inch by half inch and trying to sew those things on took me longer than crocheting all the pieces.

But I digress. This is a super cute pattern and owls are very popular at the moment. You can make up a whole bunch in all kinds of colors. The whole pattern is very quick. I chose to make the back a solid orange as opposed to all the colors (see pattern). I thought that would look better. I think I'll make a few more. I have to do at least one more for my son, there was some fighting over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly