Friday, October 25, 2013

Double Cable Fingerless Gloves

I've been adventurous and designed my own fingerless gloves. I tried the Brooklyn Pattern again from the last post with a different yarn; I made one and it looks better, but I just wasn't feeling attached enough to the pattern to make the other one. Instead I kept looking at the Spiral Molly Floves. I really liked the cable in that one, but I didn't want to make that same one again. So I broke off on my own.

After a few tries and unravels I came up with this


I really like the twisted cable so I went with two. Since most of what I'm making a the moment are gifts I didn't want to put finger holes in since I don't have the hand to measure. My hands are pretty small so I made it a little loose on me. I did have it straight across the top, but that looked too plain. I recently made a baby bootie with a scallop top and thought that would look fun on these. Overall I'm quite pleased with finished look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly